Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Goldspire - under construction

Let it be known that, in the Year of Our Lord 2011, my sons are going to bed and sleeping through the night like good human children (as opposed to the insatiable and feral mutant-wolverine cubs they resembled in their earliest years). Amen.

What this means is that I have no more excuses for not writing. (The year did start slowly, thanks to illness and 10 straight days of icy streets and no school, but those have passed.) I have time, health, and a surprising remnant of sanity. So I've officially begun outlining my first novel, Goldspire, which stars Andreas and Tanion, who were 5th and 6th in my '20 Heroes' series, published last year at FantasyLiterature.com.

Though I was a mathematically-challenged English major, I've calculated this: 1,000 words per week yields 52,000 words per year. (And 2,000 would be 104,000--amazing!) So here we go, like Andy in The Shawshank Redemption, slowly and steadily carving out the path that leads to the heart's desire.

Cheers,
RR

No comments: