Friday, October 19, 2012

Good news!

My story "The Dead Travel Silently" has won first-place and will be published by Rogue Blades in its STEALTH challenge anthology. I essentially woke up to this news today, as the gmail message notification was the first thing I saw after I dazedly turned off my phone's alarm clock. Great wake-up call. I confess I haven't been writing. I've been working, of course, and coaching soccer. (I played four years on my college's team. It's become clear to the local club that I know the game, so in addition to coaching my older son's team and assisting with my younger son's, I've been recruited to coach the all-star team for my older son's age group.) I've also spent too much time playing Avernum: Escape from the Pit on the iPad--easily the most addictive D&D-style game I can recall playing. My resolution is that this morning's wake-up call will also serve as a wake-up call for my writing career as a whole. I have some talent; time to get back to using it. Cheers, RR

No comments: